Monday, August 23, 2010

Exciting news

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but I have been busy working on adoption paperwork because on Friday, August 20th, we got a referral!!!!! It's a boy. I know that we have thought all along that it would be a girl, but we were wrong. We have a four year old boy joining our family. He is super cute and really needs a family. I am absolutely positive that he is the child that is meant to be in our family. The night before we got the referral I prayed for God to hurry the process up for us. I know it was a little selfish, but I know that I am not good at waiting for things, so I asked God to hurry and get the child that we were meant to have ready for us. It usually takes 4-8 months from the time a dossier goes to Ethiopia to get a referral and ours had only been there 3 weeks, so I definitely wasn't expecting a call the next morning, but that is what happened. We will be traveling for court sometime in the next 3 months. After the court date, we will be able to go back and pick him up to bring home in 3 or 4 weeks. We are very hopeful that we will have him home before Christmas. We are soooooo happy!!! Oh and another weird thing is that his birthday is the same day as Ty's.

No comments:

Post a Comment