Tuesday, May 25, 2010

There is no me without you

Hello again,
Duane flew to Tulsa for work yesterday. He had plenty of time to catch up on his required adoption reading. I am reading a book called, "There is no me without you," It isn't required reading, but it is really good. I am only about half way through the book, but it is really interesting. It has some history and how there came to be some many orphans in Africa. It follows one women's story of helping orphans. If anyone is interested in reading about this subject, this is the book that I would recommend.

I got an email from our social worker yesterday. The program director in overseas resigned. Luckily they had someone else to take over for him right away. Unfortunately that means that we have to redo some of our paperwork because it has the old directors name on it. It won't be too big of deal. Every time we have to change something in our dossier that will go to Africa we have to have it notarized, then send it to the secretary of state to get the "Great State Seal," so that they know the person who notarized it is actually a notary in the state.

2 comments:

  1. Sherry, I am so glad you are doing this blog. It is so interesting and will help us all remember what your family has gone through for this adoption. Now I can't wait till you get to bring your new child home and we can all meet him/her. He/she is the luckiest kid in world to have you guys as his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Thanks for the kind words. Sometimes I think we are crazy. I go from super excited to scared to death :o)

    ReplyDelete